About WALK THE BLOCK for Parkinson's
Right now, coming together looks very different. COVID-19 has changed our world. The most important thing is that we still find a way to be supportive of one another.
Despite COVID-19, the needs of people living with Parkinson’s have not disappeared.
This year "WALK-IT for Parkinson’s" has a new name and new approach. This fall we will "WALK THE BLOCK for Parkinson’s" on September 12 & 13.
What is WALK THE BLOCK for Parkinson's?
WALK THE BLOCK for Parkinson’s allows us to fundraise and connect while walking in our own neighborhoods, practicing physical distancing. If you have joined us before, it hasn’t changed that much! You can...
- Register online
- Take part as an individual or as a team
- Collect cash, online and cheque donations
- Walk Sept 12 & 13 - safely around your block or in your neighborhood
Can’t walk your block…
No problem – just be safe and creative!
- Take a ride down the elevator and back up
- Hang a sign in your window with a message of hope and awareness for Parkinson’s
- Take a little mini walk down your driveway and back or around your home
Interested? Here is how to get started…
1. Register online at walktheblock.ca or give us a call at 1-888-851-7376.
2. Email a message to your friends, family, and people who have supported you in the past. Let them know that despite COVID-19 – we’ve found a way to come together, even though we are apart. Invite them to join you by registering to walk their block, donate or to be part of your online team.
3. Consider making a donation and invite friends and family to make a pledge online. Printable pledge forms are available as needed.
4. Share pictures of the past WALK-IT for Parkinson’s that you’ve attended with family and friends. Use the hashtag #WALKTHEBLOCKPD and tag us! @ParkinsonSocietySWO on Facebook and @parkinsonswo on Instagram. Don't forget to also follow us to join in the conversation and stay up to date!
5. Join our Walk Kick off (more info coming soon!)